Thursday, January 29, 2015

Model City Polish Haul!

Hello Everyone!

Today I am swatching three polishes from an indie brand I recently found called Model City Polish. What is unique about this brand is that not only is it a store filled with beautiful hand made polishes, but they are also a nail blog!

Anywho, for these swatches, I used 2-3 coats to reach opacity and a clear top coat. Let the swatches begin! :)

First up is Here Lies... I have a weakness for gray nail polish and this one is just perfect! It's a nice cool gray with dark gray, light gray and white flakies. It also has black micro glitters. It didn't dawn on me until I had the swatch on my nails that this polish is meant to look like cement! I think that this polish may have come from a Halloween collection. I wanted to swatch this a long time ago but as soon as I finished painting, I started adding nail gems! Something that I noticed about this polish is that it is very sheer. I had to do 3 coats for it to become opaque.

Model City Polish - Here Lies...
Model City Polish - Here Lies...
Model City Polish - Here Lies...
Model City Polish - Here Lies...
Model City Polish - Here Lies...
Model City Polish - Here Lies... + Nail Art!!!
Next is Fairy Fight. This polish is a nice pastel purple with micro purple, blue and pink flakies. This polish is very springy and cute. I think that the flakies add more personality to the polish! Opaque in two coats.

Model City Polish - Fairy Fight
Model City Polish - Fairy Fight
Model City Polish - Fairy Fight
Model City Polish - Fairy Fight
Finally, we have Roll Tide which is a light gray crelly. I saw this polish and had to have it! I think this gray is very similar to Here Lies... but instead of the flakies, this polish has white hexes, red bar glitters and black micro glitters. Upon some research, I found that this polish is a homage to the Alabama Crimson Tide. I think Model City Polish did a great job of creating this tribute!

Model City Polish - Roll Tide
Model City Polish - Roll Tide
Model City Polish - Roll Tide
Model City Polish - Roll Tide
I really liked all of these polishes. They were easy to apply and opaque in 2-3 coats.

Model City Polish is available on the online shop and is not available in stores.

Until next time,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment