Friday, December 5, 2014

China Glaze Crinkled Chrome Collection

Hello Everyone!

Today, I have swatches from the China Glaze Crinkled Chrome Collection! These polishes have quite the effect because they are a mixture of two different finishes: chrome and texture. At first, I was not sure that I would ever be interested in a polish like this, but I found them on eBay for a good price so figured, why not? As it turns out, I thought this polish was really cool! Chromes tend to dry thin, so the texture is extremely rough (I scratched my leg after swatching and could feel the texture lol). This polish is also more forgiving than a normal chrome because it is not as streaky.

For the following swatches, I used two coats of each shade with no top coat.

First, we have Alluminate. This polish is a silver chrome with line and circle glitters for texture. The application was easy and the dry time was quick, as with most chromes. I love the crinkled aluminum foil look and am already thinking of nail art. :)

China Glaze Alluminate
China Glaze Alluminate
China Glaze Alluminate

Crush Crush Baby is a metallic lavender with the same effect as Alluminate. I wasn't a huge fan of this polish, as I was expecting the purple to be more vibrant.

China Glaze Crush Crush Baby
China Glaze Crush Crush Baby
China Glaze Crush Crush Baby

Last but not least is Iron Out the Details. This shade is an electric baby blue (is that even a thing?). It was my favorite out of the three polishes and I think that it is perfect for winter wear as it reminds me of ice.
China Glaze Iron Out the Details
China Glaze Iron Out the Details

China Glaze Iron Out the Details

A few notes about these polishes:
-They are not sold in stores. I purchased mine from eBay.
-They dry fast!
-They are rough... Rougher than most textured polishes.
-They ARE chromes, so be prepared for them to chip prematurely.
-You will spend most of your day staring at them. :)

Until next time,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment