Monday, December 15, 2014

Gold and Silver Foil Nail Art

Hello Everyone!

Since I put myself on a nail polish buying freeze, I started investing money into nail art supplies! I've noticed there has been a trend in flakie polishes - specifically gold and silver flakes. There are several polishes like the OPI Gwen Stefani 14k Gold on the market right now. I have even seen some that say they have platinum and silver flakes! Although tempted to purchase these polishes, the prices scare me away. So, I went on eBay to see if I could find some flakes for my own gold and silver nail art!


It was really fun and interesting working with the flakes. The first thing that I noticed was that they are very soft and rip easily. That being said, any sudden movements or gusts of winds will send these metallic flakes flying! My bedroom floor is currently covered in gold and silver because I plopped down too hard on my bed after ripping the flakes, so be careful. I love these flakes and what is neat about them is that it comes in a single sheet. I think that in the future I will use larger pieces across my whole nail for the metallic mirror look. 


I was able to find these flakes on eBay for about 4$ total from a Hawaiian seller. 

Until next time, 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment