Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Julep November 2014 Box

Hello Everyone!

Devon is a medium gray with pink shimmers. I really really like this one but I can't seem to get the pink shimmer to show up on my nails, which is irritating. I hate when a polish looks better in the bottle than on the nail lol. Formula is thick, like a lot of Julep polishes. This is one coat with topcoat.

devon
Julep - Devon
devon
Julep - Devon
Jessie is a beautiful dark brown. This is my favorite polish from my box this month. The color is so deep that it almost looks black. It reminds me of the "Vamp" trend that has been going on. I love colors like that! It's very mature and sexy! This is just one layer with top coat.

julep jessie
Julep - Jessie


Shari is a soft pink creme. The shade reminds me of ballet shoes... It's so soft and delicate! For this swatch I used two layers and one layer of top coat.

julep shari
Julep - Shari
Marzia is a gunmetal chrome. I'm really not sure how I feel about it! It's cool but at the same time weird! In terms of the formula, it is a little thick and super super streaky. The more I look at it, the more I like it. I used two coats of lacquer and one coat of top coat.

julep marzia
Julep - Marzia
julep marzia
Julep - Marzia
Nadia is a pale yellow shimmer.  I am not the biggest fan of this color, unfortunately. It's pretty but just isn't for me. The formula was just a tad bit thick but was opaque in two coats.

julep nadia
Julep - Nadia
julep nadia
Julep - Nadia
Roc Solid solid is an army green creme. I love love love this color! So good for fall or for a camo look! The formula is consistent with most Julep polishes. This was one coat plus top coat.

 julep roc solid
Julep - Roc Solid
Eden is a deep royal purple creme. This color is just stunning! It looks amazing against my skin. As you can see, the color on the nails looks way different than the color in the bottle. This is because this color was an add on and it is an older polish from Julep. When I opened the bottle, it was like purple water instead of nail polish. I had to shake this baby for about 30 minutes for it to become a lacquer again and there is still more pigment at the bottom of the bottle. :( That being said, this polish was the thinnest out of all the polishes I received in this box. I used two coats and one layer of top coat.

julep eden
Julep - Eden
I thought the November collection was fun. Some of the colors in this post are add-ons so they are not a part of the collection but I received them in the same box. I only buy the colors from Julep if and when I like them but I always try to get the add ons if they look interesting because they always come with a free polish or two. :)

Do you subscribe to Julep? Comment below and let me know what you think!

Until next time,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment