Friday, March 13, 2015

Sally Hansen Velvet Texture in Crushed & Velour

Hello Everyone!

First of all, HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH! It's a tattoo tradition to get 13 or 31 dollar tattoos! Support your local tattoo shop/artist and see if they are having this deal! :)

Today I am swatching two Velvet Texture polishes from a recent line relseased by Sally Hansen. I really wish I was able to get the whole collection, but I got these on sale from Ulta, so there were only two of these. :(  I really like the effect/texture of these polishes and would happily own some of the other colors.

Crushed is a raspberry cream. The formula was easy to apply, but you don't see the effect until it is fully dry. I used two coats with no topcoat.

velvet texture crushed
Sally Hansen Velvet Texture - Crushed



velvet texture crushed
Sally Hansen Velvet Texture - Crushed

Velour is a blurple (blue + purple) creme. This is the polish that made me buy the duo! The formula is consistent with Crushed but something is different about this one... It seems, irl, like it is shimmery even though it is not... I think this may be because of the texture in the polish. I used two layers with no top coat.

velvet texture velour
Sally Hansen Velvet Texture - Velour



velvet texture velour
Sally Hansen Velvet Texture - Velour

Like I said before, I would happily own the whole collection. The texture of these polishes is very unique to me. It is waxy/matte and looks bumpy but is smooth to the touch. Plus the two shades that I have are very pigmented! I picked these up on sale at Ulta for $1.49 and I think they are regularly about $6.00!


Until next time,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment